Horse Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is crazy!

5 posters

Go down

This is crazy! Empty This is crazy!

Post by Rival Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 am

It looks just like old HL minus spam! It's cool to have it back.

Those of you who know me from elsewhere know my situation - I don't generally post a lot of photos or specific names because the horses I work with don't belong to me so I don't have the liberty of putting stuff out on the internet. But a little about what I do.

I work at two therapeutic riding programs, where I volunteer for classes and also work horses that are new to the programs to test them out - or ones that are not new and just need more work! This is cool because it means I get to work with and ride many different breeds, personalities and levels of training.

I'm also a working student at a dressage barn, where I take lessons in exchange for several hours of work per week. I'm glad to get the chance to improve and to learn dressage at the same time.

I look forward to hearing from all the old timers, and maybe get some new users as well!
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

This is crazy! Empty Re: This is crazy!

Post by Neeners Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:37 am

Haha, I've tried my best! I miss all of you guys so much Sad It just feels so empty and I could never get into other forums, it just lacked something, you know what I mean?

That sounds like a pretty awesome job to be honest Very Happy

Welcome back Very Happy
Neeners
Neeners
Admin

https://horselover2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan&Moon Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 am

Thats cool you get to help ride and select horses for riding programs like that, I hope to hear more about it, and I know everyone would like to hear about the different horses you've worked with in the past. I find it commendable that you help out the organizations like that Smile
Morgan&Moon
Morgan&Moon

http://www.morganbadleyhorsemanship.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rival Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks guys! I know what you mean Melissa, I've been on a couple other forums but they never really had the same feeling of HL.

It is a lot of fun! I get to ride such a variety of horses, it's pretty cool. Everything from Haflingers to National Show Horses to Percherons, QHs and TBs. Of course, some are crazy - but when they're really good, it's awesome!
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post by DressageNerd Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:42 am

I generally don't have time for forums and just never really enjoyed the other ones and honestly wouldn't want the people I know to know I'm on any lol.

I'm glad you found a working student position and are getting dressage lessons, dressage is definitely one of those things that if you can learn to ride it well, it will help you in anything you do. Anyways I hope you're enjoying it!

DressageNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by S.cattered Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm

YOU'VE RIDDEN A PERCHERON? Jealous. Hahaha.

I agree that it's good you get to ride such a variety of horse, that's one of the things I've really enjoyed about not having my own horse at the riding school, I feel like it's given me different experiences.

I just wish you could post more photos! haha
S.cattered
S.cattered

https://www.facebook.com/greendayshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rival Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:17 pm

Learning dressage has helped so much in my other riding, I'm so much more aware of how much I influence my horse with how I use my body. I'm not great at it, lol - just learning shoulder in right now - but I get better each time and my trainer tells me my position has improved immensely over the last year. So it's a lot of fun and it's paying off!

Yes Kelly, I've ridden a Percheron Smile Actually at another barn right now I have a Hackney pony I'm riding - tiny little thing. Quite the difference between the two!

Maybe I shall send you some photos on FB. Sending them privately is one thing, I just don't like to have them sitting on the internet for anyone to see.
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum