Horse Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE

3 posters

Go down

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE Empty AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE

Post by 2x4 Moki Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Srsly. I've been uber bummed about my jumping since the October 2012 show because basically I had, like, REALLY decent jumping position even in a DRESSAGE saddle of all things but since 2009 I've developed fairly significant scoliosis which isn't severe enough to require surgery but severe enough to SERIOUSLY screw with my riding, hence why I'm hardcore with the lessons now. Anyway, I did a few jumping classes with Jynx and she did amazing, even winning one of our jumper classes, but the photos came out and I was MORTIFIED with how absolutely AWFUL I looked. Like, humiliated they were even viewable to the public. So I decided to start taking some lessons with a local young star rider who isn't certified yet but basically could write her Instructor of Beginners tomorrow and pass with all the pony club she's done.

We have seriously had two lessons, the first one being a month ago and it's like we both straightened out our act in our sleep. My position was great today and Jynx was a STAR. We ended up doing some bounces and then gymnastics up to 2'9" and Jynx was like "yo, I got this bro." She loves jumping. And I mean LOVES jumping, not that "my crazy TB gallops psychotically towards a fence so clearly he loves jumping", but more "I am going to trot my little butt off around this arena like a happy consistant little hunter, on the bit, and just flawlessly jump these fences even though my mom can probably count on one hand the number of jump training sessions I've had in my short life."

I took a video still and the quality may be crappy but I think I ruined what was left of Shay-las hearing with my squealing. Obviously MANY improvements must be made, but compared to October 2012, this is GOLD. Even Jynx just looks more on her game, more balanced, more educated. This coach is great and I am just really relieved it didn't take another 3 years to unlock the inner rider that KNOWS HOW TO FREAKING JUMP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Bella pics!

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE 549851_10151496804145622_1174417211_n
2'9" woot woot!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE 528245_10151496801655622_875179576_n
Obnoxious halter is obnoxious

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE 733840_10151496802240622_1175010577_n
YAWN. It's hard work being perfect!

And just as comparison - this was a photo from October 2012. How embarrassing:

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE 522940_297688643679196_1272167133_n
2x4 Moki
2x4 Moki

Back to top Go down

AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE Empty Re: AHHHHHHHHHHH, OMFG I LOVE MY HORSE

Post by toraf Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 am

Aw you both look great - such an improvement! She looks like such a fun jumper Very Happy
toraf
toraf

Back to top Go down

Post by S.cattered Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 am

You guys look amazing! Even though it's just a video still I can really see how you've improved!
And can I just say, that I'm really glad that you can see and actually admit to your riding weaknesses. So many people I know who ride and have terrible jumping positions and think they're fine and do really high level jumping classes and just GUH. It frustrates me! So kudos to you for that as well!
S.cattered
S.cattered

https://www.facebook.com/greendayshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by 2x4 Moki Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Awwww, thanks a ton! I really really dislike people who actually believe they have nothing left to learn. My jumping position wasn't bad at all in 2009, and since then, the scoliosis has just wrecked havoc on my body. My hips are fairly straight now, but my shoulder still has a bad habit of slouching especially when I'm riding Western on the trail - UGH!

I'm just really glad I'm at a point in my life where I can have lessons! I love learning as much as I can!
2x4 Moki
2x4 Moki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum