Horse Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waves! Hi!

+3
eventpony
S.cattered
AlexS
7 posters

Go down

Waves! Hi!  Empty Waves! Hi!

Post by AlexS Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm

A friend gave me a shove to join here, so here I am. I don't have terribly much imagination so my screen name is my name, and the same on all the horse boards. I tend to only post on Hofo and rarely on COTH, but read the others for the crazy stuff. Smile

With the co.uk addy, I assume this is an English board - I don't know, I haven't read yet and just jumped into the intro. If so I am a Brit transplant, originally from Cheshire, now living in the US in PA, I've been here about 10 years now.

I have one horse, Lucas. He's not the smartest tool in the box, but he's a pretty little thing.

So looking forward to getting to know you all.

Alex.

AlexS

Back to top Go down

Waves! Hi!  Empty Re: Waves! Hi!

Post by S.cattered Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum!
I didn't realise till you mentioned that the forum has a .co.uk address, haha. We're from all around anyway. Smile

Your horse sounds really cute, looking forward to seeing you around and hearing about him! Smile

Oh, we also love photos here so don't hesitate to post!

Edit: Oh, I'm Kelly btw! Smile
S.cattered
S.cattered

https://www.facebook.com/greendayshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexS Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi Kelly, thanks for the welcome.

Here's some Lucas pic spam.

Waves! Hi!  564427_10151231780663417_579377849_n

Waves! Hi!  Lucas121712_zpsb9652c31

Waves! Hi!  Lucas082912

And here's the usual photo. I don't give my horse treats, but someone must have at some point, as this is what he does every time I pull out my phone.

Waves! Hi!  Lucas0619124

AlexS

Back to top Go down

Post by S.cattered Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Aw, he's gorgeous! ^.^
S.cattered
S.cattered

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexS Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks. I think he's a cutie.
He makes up in looks what he lacks in brains. He's a good boy, but he so is not smart.

I used to keep him at a place with only an electric fence. He'd shock himself like 5 times before I made it into the barn when I arrived. Each time, he'd have an expression of 'hey that's not nice' on his face but then he'd do it again and again.

This past summer I moved barns. It was kind of stressful because I'd fired my trainer and he was boarded at her personal house. So I wanted to get in, move horse, get out. I paid the 30 days notice I wasn't there, and don't worry I won't get into the drama of it all as it was personal to her. My friends know, but I am not about to put it all on the internet.

So anyway, I was with my none horsey husband. I was tying Lucas in the trailer, and Brad (hubby) needed Lucas to move over to put the divider in place. I was stressing out but trying not to, and so moving quickly. I stayed tying him, and shoved him over with my arm extended. As my arm only went half way down his side (girth area), he took that as move forward, not over. The good idiot that he is, tried to walk through the 1/4 sized human exit door out of the trailer. Obviously I stopped him, but the herp derp was perfectly willing to go through the door that's about 1/4 of his size.

He's a very sweet soul, but there is a big empty space in that head of his. Very Happy

AlexS

Back to top Go down

Post by eventpony Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:50 am

Welcome to HL! I'm Sammi Smile
Lucas looks like quite the adorable guy and it sounds like you have plenty of funny stories of his shenanigans!

eventpony

Back to top Go down

Post by Neeners Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

Aww, haha, Lucas shares my surname XD

Welcome to HL Very Happy

Yeah, unfortunately I don't really have the money to pay for a good board, and I've always used free forums, so kind of knew how to work with it better than anything else really XD The majority of members are from all over the place though, me and Tor are UK-inians, as far as I know, haha.

He sounds a lot like my mare, Raine. She's as dumb as a brick, but I love her to bits, haha. She used to fetch sticks and stuff when she was a foal O.O

It's nice to see some new faces though Very Happy Hopefully we can make this board great like the other one!

Welcome Very Happy
Neeners
Neeners
Admin

https://horselover2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by toraf Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am

Hey, I'm Tor! Lucas looks lovely! What sort of things do you do with him?
toraf
toraf

Back to top Go down

Post by 2x4 Moki Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 am

HHHHHHEEEEEYYYYY ALEX! Hehe, I go on HoFo briefly for Jynx updates but nobody really seems to care anymore and I just don't have time to keep up with thousands of replies a day. Nor some of the stupidity and arrogance you have to deal with. These folks have always been so down to earth, accepting and knowledgeable about horses without being arrogant pricks about it! You'll love it here!
2x4 Moki
2x4 Moki

Back to top Go down

Post by S.cattered Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:22 pm

2x4 Moki wrote:These folks have always been so down to earth, accepting and knowledgeable about horses without being arrogant pricks about it! You'll love it here!

*feels special* ^.^ haha
S.cattered
S.cattered

Back to top Go down

Post by Rival Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 am

Hey there! Glad to have you on the forum.

Lucas is a cutie; I've known some horses that aren't exactly the smartest things ever as well, but usually they're sweethearts and have great personalities. It sounds like your Lucas might fit in that category Smile

I look forward to hearing more about you and Lucas!
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum