Horse Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

helloooo!

3 posters

Go down

helloooo!  Empty helloooo!

Post by toraf Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:28 am

Hey guys, it's Tor! Couldn't think of a username haha so used one from a British forum I'm on - tor and adam and flynn!!

Except, first big change from old HL is there is no Adam Sad He's still left the biggest hole ever. 8th October 2012 he was PTS due to cushings, and getting constant laminitis - just wasn't fair on him and his condition had dropped so much. When I came home from uni to see him for the last time I was shocked how downhill he had gone in the last few months.. My dad took photos of his last few days, but I still just can't look at them, because I don't want to remember him like that. So RIP to the best little pony ever <3
helloooo!  284453_3933077717631_979725656_n

Flynn, on the other hand, is doing fantastic now.. He grieved for a while after Adam though which was horrible to watch.. And it was about 30mins of him nudging and nipping Adam to accept he wasn't going to be getting up, until he just came over and stood with me.. We had a pony as a companion for a few months, but it just didn't work out as this pony was nuts and trashed our yard and fields, and kicked Flynn really badly so they couldn't be turned out together. So as much as I hate it, Flynn is now at home alone.. But in the spring and summer months the Funnels' stud keep their horses in fields that surround ours. I hate the situation, but my mum won't have anyone else keeping their horse at ours because no one can keep up to her standards, and she won't even let us get a little miniature as a companion because she doesn't want to look after it when I'm not there. I don't really know what to do. I've only seen him for a weekend since he's been alone, and to be honest there was no change in behaviour at all, and he rides out with other horses daily, but I just feel bad for him as he is so social! But on the other hand, he's never going to be the dominant horse, and I don't want him getting injured like he did with this other pony..

But on the riding side he is fab.. Our instructor left after Christmas, but I'm having a lesson with a new jumping instructor when I'm home next weekend.. One of my mum's patients is a really well known and well regarded instructor and they're fairly good friends, so we might see if he can give me a dressage lesson once a month or so (as he will be very expensive!!). But took him to an Eventer's Challenge a month ago and he was fab, and we're doing Combined Training this weekend when I go home!! Really hoping to qualify for the BE90 regional finals and then life goal to qualify for Badminton Grassroots! Some recent pics from last season Wink

helloooo!  484619_3855833386571_1924191471_n

helloooo!  599245_3855833746580_958939188_n

helloooo!  431086_3855830946510_1940677411_n

helloooo!  562984_4701541408743_523663930_n

helloooo!  389060_3661484527971_1685895719_n

helloooo!  319339_3717812896145_1923000950_n

helloooo!  409726_3739532079111_1867283159_n

toraf
toraf

Back to top Go down

helloooo!  Empty Re: helloooo!

Post by S.cattered Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 am

It makes me so sad when I think about Adam. Sad He was such a wonderful pony.

It's good that Flynn is doing well though! I remember when he was this big unco horse - or maybe he still is? haha - But he looks so much more grown up and professional!

I can understand your concern with him not having a paddock buddy. It can be hard to find one as well when you have a horse that's not very dominant. Do you have friends whose horses might be able to visit him every now and again or something?
S.cattered
S.cattered

https://www.facebook.com/greendayshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by toraf Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am

S.cattered wrote:It makes me so sad when I think about Adam. Sad He was such a wonderful pony.

It's good that Flynn is doing well though! I remember when he was this big unco horse - or maybe he still is? haha - But he looks so much more grown up and professional!

I can understand your concern with him not having a paddock buddy. It can be hard to find one as well when you have a horse that's not very dominant. Do you have friends whose horses might be able to visit him every now and again or something?

Haha I know, he was one of the most ungainly and clumsy horses I've ever seen when we were all on HL Laughing He still has his moments haha!! Bless him, he has grown up so much though - he was 4 when I got him - he's 11 now :O

That's quite a good idea.. I've got a good friend who's fed up with her current yard and has two horses there - she's going to be concentrating on eventing one over summer, so I wonder if she wants to turn her other one away for a bit if she would do it at ours.. And he's like a twin to Flynn, so can't see much fighting Laughing It's just so so wet at ours at the moment he's in most of the time and is getting loads of attention - my mum is out basically every hour seeing him, and my neighbour always pops in when she walks past to do her horse down the road and gives him an apple. Even my dad has got into the habit of going out to see him and spend time with him haha! So he's never alone for long, but it's just not the same as having another horse! I think when the weather dries up a bit and it gets warmer and I'm home from uni (lectures finish in march and form then I only have 3 exams so will be around loads!), my mum will be more open to getting him a companion.. I think she's just understandably a bit fed up of looking after horses when I'm away for months at a time! And I think part of the reason it didn't work out with this other pony was because it was too soon after Adam passed away.. For the past 6 years Adam was her pony really - he was her absolute baby and she'd dote on him and ignore Flynn. She loves Flynn to bits now, but I think she misses having Adam around - I'd go out to muck out etc and she'd just be there chatting rubbish to him haha!!
toraf
toraf

Back to top Go down

Post by Neeners Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 am

Hey Tor, it's great to see you back! I remember hearing about Adam, very sorry for your loss, and the whole thing with Flynn nudging him made me, and still makes me, bawl my eyes out.

Sorry to hear about the companion not getting on with Flynn Sad Unfortunately some horses just see an opportunity to harass a horse that is very laid back :/ Even now, some of the mares bully each other, but not too badly.

I would have said you could have Willow for free! But I think he'd take the opportunity to bully as well :/ He'd have to be gelded first to calm him down a little, I can't turn him out with Tigre because he bites chunks out of him!

But Flynn is looking bloody great! And you both sound like you're doing bloody awesome Very Happy Fingers crossed, I hope everything goes well for you Very Happy
Neeners
Neeners
Admin

https://horselover2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum