Horse Talk!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERRRRRRRM.

+2
S.cattered
TequilaRainbow
6 posters

Go down

ERRRRRRRM. Empty ERRRRRRRM.

Post by TequilaRainbow Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Okay so... Kelly referred this to me. YAY for Kelly.

Well, my name is Tegan.. I haven't been riding for long at all. I had a lease pony for 1 month that taught me the ropes but he got taken off me because of bitchy situations -.- ANYWAY. Two months or so after him getting taken off me. I got my very own first horse named Bella.

ERRRRRRRM. 57493414
Photo credit to Kelly

Bella's information;
She's a STB mare born in 2000. Race name was Tricia Rainbow and she is a pacer. Retired after 2 races. Won $110.

Bella's story;
I brought Bella in the winter of 2011 - skinny and nothing of her. The date was 30th of July. She was green as her other three owners had done near to nothing with her. She didn't have an established canter and she still paced. She went around like a llama and would take off at times too if I tried to canter her. She had only done trail riding, bumming around and grade 5 jumping. I did not know what I was getting myself into. I also found out that she had had three foals, two with the racing stables and one with her first owner. They bred her to an Appaloosa stallion. First ride at home, she took off on me. Scared the living daylights out of me! I started getting lessons, started doing join up, started spending an hour or so on end in her paddock. I tried whatever it took to get her to listen to me and respect me. I also did a load of ground work. Things started coming together. The super unbalance horse that I bought was starting to get more balanced. We had a rough few months near the start of 2012 which almost ended in me selling her. Rides ended up in tears. She would take off on me and I couldn't turn nor stop her. I lost all confidence in her and myself. I stopped riding her for 4 months, saddle fitter, chiro visits the works. I only did ground work with her. Until the day I got on bareback. Everything lifted up from there on. I had jumped her 95cm. She was even more balanced. She could go on the bit in the walk. Lessons, lessons and more lessons. Now, I can leg yield, on the bit in walk, on the bit in trot - most of the time and starting to get a more controlled canter. I have also done shoulder-ins on her they aren't established though! She's become more supple and responsive. She will listen to my seat now. She's getting better at jumping as well.

I think that's all. Oh and, my riding has gotten one hundred times better!

ERRRRRRRM. 53204710
Photo credit to Kelly
ERRRRRRRM. 53205410
Photo credit to Kelly
ERRRRRRRM. Bella_10
TequilaRainbow
TequilaRainbow

Back to top Go down

ERRRRRRRM. Empty Re: ERRRRRRRM.

Post by S.cattered Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you joined! Very Happy

And that you totally posted pictures I took. hahaha
S.cattered
S.cattered

https://www.facebook.com/greendayshoes

Back to top Go down

Post by DressageNerd Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:53 am

She looks like a very cute mare. Nice photos, it's lovely to see new members.

It sounds and looks like the two of you have made a lot of progress together, especially from the early days. I hope to see more posts and pictures from you.

DressageNerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Rival Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 am

Awesome, a new member! Smile

Your girl is very pretty, it sounds like both you and her have come a long way since when you first got her.

Welcome to the forum!
Rival
Rival

Back to top Go down

Post by eventpony Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 am

Welcome to the forum!

Your mare is super cute and sounds like you have made good progress over the past year! I can't wait to see more updates and pictures from you and her and follow your progress Smile

eventpony

Back to top Go down

Post by Neeners Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 am

Welcome to the forum Very Happy Bella looks bloody lovely! Aw Very Happy

It looks like you've done brilliantly with her!

I can't wait to see more and more pictures!
Neeners
Neeners
Admin

https://horselover2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TequilaRainbow Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Hehe, Kelly, I did Razz HAHA!

Thank-you all, I'm very happy with her.
TequilaRainbow
TequilaRainbow

Back to top Go down